1. ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 6 MUST HAVE AN ADULT IN THE WATER WITH THEM AND WITHIN ARM'S REACH AT ALL TIMES.
2. ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 10 MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT OR BABYSITTER (MUST BE 12 AND OLDER) WITH THEM IN THE WATER AT ALL TIMES.
3. no flotation devices are allowed on any day, including water wings, unless attached to a belt or vest that is coast guard approved (puddle jumper). Any vest that is approved should always say "coast guard approved" or "uscg." pool noodles are allowed during family fun friday pm swim.
4. Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut.
5. Food and beverages are not allowed on the pool deck.
6. Shower before entering the pool.
7. No dunking, pushing, fighting, excessive splashing, abusive language.
8. Do not run on the deck.
9. Animals are not allowed inside the facility.
10. Persons under the influence of alcohol or any judgement-impairing substance will not be admitted to the facility.
11. All patrons must wear a swimsuit. No cut-off shorts, jean shorts, leotards, underwear, etc.
12. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility.
13. Toys such as balls, squirt guns, etc. are not allowed in the pool.
14. Swim diapers are required for young children not yet toilet trained.
15. Skates, roller blades, scooters or skateboards are not allowed inside the pool area.
16. The lifeguard on duty reserves the right to administer a swim test to any patron.
17. Weak or non-swimmers will not be allowed to swim or enter in any deep water; use diving boards or the drop slide.
18. Prolonged breath holding & hypoxic training is prohibited.
19. No diving is permitted in water shallower than 9 feet.
20. The City of Elkhorn is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
1. There must be an attendant monitoring the top or bottom of the slide whenever it is open.
2. Patrons using the water slide should be able to swim and must be able to stand up safely in 37” of water.
3. Riders must go one at a time.
4. People sliding must be seated or lying on their back feet first. No stopping, spinning or slowing during the ride.
5. Upon exiting the slide, swimmers should move from the splash zone immediately.
6. No sunglasses, eyeglasses, goggles or swim masks can be worn on the water slide.
Diving Board Rules
1. One diver on the board at a time.
2. Only one jump on the board is permitted
3. Dive/Jump straight off the board. Do not jump off to the side
4. No sitting or hanging on the diving board
5. Jumping backwards is prohibited
6. Flips are not allowed
7. Wait until the diver reaches the side or pool edge before diving or jumping off the diving board and always swim to the closest ladder
8. When diving boards are closed, they will be cautioned off using caution tape, a cone, or other fixed structures.
9. Patrons wearing life jackets are not permitted to use the diving boards.
10. The lifeguard reserves the right to ask any patron to do a swim test if they feel uncomfortable with their ability to swim in deep water. This test consists of swimming one pool length, freestyle. If failed the swimmer is denied further use
of the deep end.
Locker Room Rules
1. Do not leave personal items unattended in the locker rooms at any time.
2. Please use locks on all lockers when storing belongings.
3. City of Elkhorn is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
4. No child of the opposite sex over the age of 6 is allowed in the locker room facility.
5. No washing of clothes in shower area or pay to use shower.